[ltp] Re: I bought the R52 !!!

Harry Popov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 12:19:01 +0300

On Monday 03 October 2005 11:41, Christopher Sawtell wrote:

> Does this FSK441 implementation not work correctly then?
> http://www.qsl.net/g4klx/software.htm

Unfortunately Jonatan's LinWSJT and later wsTools, are not ready for
serious Meteor scatter work. I have them both installed. Tested using
almost 1Gb records from my last MS expedition in KN42AA this August.

They have poor decoders especially wsTools 4.8d and the worst Jonathan
lost interest to futher development. At least that was his answer on
www.on4kst.com chat. The place where all meteor scatter stations meet.

That is for FSK441. The old modulation JT44 for weak signal
communications via the moon or tropo has gone. The new one is JT65 which
we unfortunately never had under Linux. So we are out of the gaim or
have to use Windows...

Windows WSJT by Joe Taylor, K1JT is close to the professional softwares
and it is free. Pity -  Joe is giving source code to every prospective
developer to use it under Linux, but no takers :(

If  any developer is interesting from such a project, please feel free to
contact me personally. I am not developer but could be a capable tester
as I have 27 years experience with MS and at least know what we need..

> CS
Regards, Harry Popov LZ1BB