[ltp] Secure Ubuntu (was Re: IBM Recovery CDs, partitions)

Fri, 07 Oct 2005 00:30:23 +0200

Hei,

> I installed a clean WXPP from non-IBM installation CDs. This was
> painpul as WinXp was not able to identify a couple of components,
> especially all NICs. So I went to the IBM site and downloaded (from
> another PC) a couple of drivers and packets: drivers for the NICs
> (WLAN and wired), chipset support drivers, ATI drivers and the
> software install packet. Burned those packages to a CD and installed
> them on the R52. To my surprise, the IBM/ Lenovo Software Installer
> made installation of software as easy as Debians apt-get. So all the
> missing drivers have been downloaded and installed automagically. So I
> got a low fat Windows without all the additional crap.

one question, because i have to reinstall my own IBM-Windows system,
since it got trashed due to overlapping partitions.

Did your IBM Windows serial number work with your other Windows
installation CD?

André.