[ltp] OT: SATA to be the standard of all 2.5" HD???

Kelvin KAN linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 08 Oct 2005 01:24:14 +0800

To be honest, I don't quite care about the performance, especially btwn
7200 vs 5400rpm.

I care more about my investment on the hardware of consistent/stable
interface i.e. I prefer them to stick with PATA.

I've stocked about a total of  20 + 20  + 40  + 40 + 80  = 200GB of
2.5"  PATA drives.  Usually when I bought a new laptop, I just swapped
in a new drive and migrate the data on the old drives gradually to it.

To change the design from PATA to SATA is a fundamental one.  They have
to justify the change decision i.e. gain in performance vs loss in
compatibility.

I just don't want them to ruin my investment overnight (when I need to
replace this not-too-old 9-month T42).

Thanks,
-
kelvin.