[ltp] OT: SATA to be the standard of all 2.5" HD???

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 8 Oct 2005 13:58:22 +1300

--nextPart7448947.nXXt7fBaEU

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 06:24, Kelvin KAN wrote:

> I just don't want them to ruin my investment overnight (when I need to
> replace this not-too-old 9-month T42).

As long as you're not the only person left with a T42 when your drive fails=
=20
there will likely be replacements available.   I hope so - I'd like to keep=
=20
my T42 running as well.

You could hoard drives now while they're still available - think of the pow=
er=20
you'd wield amongst us other desperate T42 owners...(sorry, mate, I probabl=
y=20
should have resisted that 8-)  ).

They are still selling original IBM 730 Thinkpads (back when it was an actu=
al=20
pad - no keyboard) on ebay.  We're probably safe.

Cheers,
Bret