[ltp] finding thinkpads which boot from usb 2.0 disk

Joel Ebel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 09 Oct 2005 12:59:59 -0400

I'm not sure when the thinkpad started supporting USB 2.0, but I have a
feeling you'll have a hard time finding older ones that will support
both USB 2.0 and booting.  The T40, as I mentioned, didn't even do it
right to begin with.  They only fixed it with a BIOS update.  If
anything older doesn't get that same functionality in the BIOS you
really don't want it.  The R50 should behave just like the T40 if you
can find a used one for cheap.  Keep your eye on ebay for deals.  Like
ebay item 6809493055.

Good luck,
Joel