[ltp] Moving windows

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 9 Oct 2005 08:24:24 +1300

--nextPart4207729.eIVKUry3jV

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 12:31, Richard Neill wrote:

> 1)Is it legal to do this? I know it *ought* to be.

IANAL.

If you want to get intricately legal (likely not a concern in most private=
=20
circumstance), there is one avenue I know of that is of concern:

In the US, when I was working with AutoCAD professionally, I commonly took=
=20
contracts and discovered that the business was using more copies of AutoCAD=
=20
than they had licenses for.

I would mention at the first meeting that, under US Law, if a company faced=
 a=20
liability suit, and the insurance company could show that the company had=20
used illegal copies of software in the production of the product involved,=
=20
the insurance company did not have to pay - the contract was null and void =
by=20
the actions of the company in acting illegally.

This is real, and you can tell if it would apply in your case, and the risk.

Cheers,
Bret