[ltp] T43, TPM deactivating by moving the Notebook?

Marcel Selhorst linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:07:44 +0200

Hi,

I have a T43 and I am using the built-in TPM-chip since I encrypted my harddisk with
a key bound to the TPM. The security chip is really working fine, but I have found
out a really strange behaviour:
If I work with my laptop on my desk, everything is fine.
But when I turn it off, put it in my backpack, drive to my office and restart
the notebook, the TPM is deactivated. If I carry the notebook (switched off)
in horizontal position, nothing happens, but whenever I turn it off and carry it
vertically for a while, the TPM is deactivated...
Has anyone else measured such a strange behaviour and has anyone an idea, why this
could happen? I am not using the accelerometer, yet...

Best regards,

Marcel Selhorst