[ltp] [T40]Can't compile ibm-acpi on Slackware

Konstantin Filtschew linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:57:22 +0200

--=-SoIMLS9h+Mw2pGUDQtaP

hi,

you are right with the kernel stuff.

ibm-acpi is not needed for Speedstep or other, it is only needed to use
the FN-Keys and to control some leds, the fan and other stuff of the
embeded controller.

the fan script is here(was from this list, don't know the author):

init.d/fan
case "$1" in
  start)
        # make sure privileges don't persist across reboots
        if [ -d /var/run/fan ] && [ "x`ls /var/run/fan`" !=3D x ]
        then
                touch -t 198501010000 /var/run/fan/*
        fi
        /root/bin/fan.sh &
        ;;
  stop|reload|restart|force-reload)
        killall fan.sh
        echo enable > /proc/acpi/ibm/fan
        ;;
  *)
        echo "Usage: $N {start|stop|restart|force-reload}" >&2
        exit 1
        ;;
esac

fan.sh
#!/bin/sh

MAXTEMP=3D50

while [ 1 ];
do
    fan=3Dno
    for temp in `sed s/temperatures:// < /proc/acpi/ibm/thermal`
    do
        test $temp -gt $MAXTEMP && fan=3Dyes
    done

    command=3D'disable'
    test "$fan" =3D "yes" && command=3D'enable'
    echo $command > /proc/acpi/ibm/fan
    sleep 20
done

you don't need the fan control script, if the fan don't bother you.

Try to learn some linux first and of cause using the archive of this
list, google and thinkwiki.org.
You will find all the information out there without bothering the
people, we explain this every week again and again.

Greetz

Konstantin Filtschew

On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 22:30 +0800, Rainarrow wrote:
> If I am understanding what you said, I should do the following:
> =20
> Download the patch=3D>Apply it to my 2.6.13 kernel source=3D>Rebuild my
> kernel with this patched source=3D>ACPI will be up and running!
> =20
> Is this correct?
> =20
> And, what's included in the "experimental" features? Do I have to
> experimental =3D 1 to enable SpeedStep, and Auto-fanspeed control(just
> like in Windows), or, I guess, maybe I have to write my own script to
> control fanspeed?
> =20
> Thank you very much~
--=20
Building an operation system without source code,
is like buying a  self assemble space shuttle without
instructions.

--=-SoIMLS9h+Mw2pGUDQtaP

--=-SoIMLS9h+Mw2pGUDQtaP--