[ltp] Re: Thinkpad T20 lcd dim

Wookey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 16:55:21 +0100

+++ Bert Haskins [05-10-12 10:39 -0400]:
> >Yep - that's a about right. I have the same problem on my T22. I bought a
> >new inverter and it fixed the problem perfectly for 2 days, then it went
> >dark again :-(  Does that mean there are two problems? A new inverter drove
> >a borderline part for a short while?
> >
> You may have a poor ( dirty/corroded ) connection somewhere between the
> mboard and the inverter.
> The other answer may be arc over at the terminals on the CCFL.

Any clues as to what I could test in terms of voltages coming out of the
inverter or going in to it (harder to get at).

> I hope you don't have to go to a parts swapper.
> The way to repair something is to find out WHAT the problem is and FIX it.
> Yep, I'm shouting

true, but without schematics or at least a good idea of what the bits in my
T22 do, then all I can do is randomly buy bits and swap them. At least
a spare supplier will have a better stock of bits to swap.

Wookey