[ltp] Carrying a Thinkpad in a Rucksack

Allen Knutson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:57:42 -0700 (PDT)

>  How safe is a Thinkpad in a rucksack. I am not worried about
> mechanical shocks since my Case Logic ruckscak is much better padded
> than the original carry case.

I have carried my two Thinkpads in my backpack, no carrying case,
three days a week for five years. So they're in with books, notebook,
maybe the cord, a hat, whatever.

The big, bulky 390E suffered no visible damage. Its cord is a little
unreliable.

The tiny X31 did break a bit: where the top half sticks into the bottom,
the case on the bottom cracked, was superglued, cracked again, now
seems to be securely superglued. This is basically a cosmetic matter.
								Allen K.