[ltp] Carrying a Thinkpad in a Rucksack

Josh Battles linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 15 Oct 2005 11:19:39 -0500 (CDT)

Gurunandan R. Bhat said:

> 	How safe is a Thinkpad in a rucksack. I am not worried about mechanical
> shocks since my Case Logic ruckscak is much better padded than the
> original carry case. I carry my rucksack slung on a single shoulder and
> I was worried that the angle might twist the base and the lid
> disproportionately. In any case I would be reassured if there are others
> who do this without damage.

I carry my T42 in a backpack with my schoolbooks and all sorts of other
miscellaneous things 5 days a week to school/work and have been doing so for
over a year now.  I paid for the warranty that covers accidental damage for 3
years when I bought the thing so I'm nowhere near as careful with it as I
probably should be and it's taken it like a champ.  It's been dropped,
stepped on, sat on, and smashed yet there's not a scratch on the thing.
Maybe a few rings on the lid from the time I used it as a coaster...

I think you'll be fine.  Thinkpads are one of the most durable laptops out
there.  The only laptop I'd consider to be more durable is the toughbook
series from Panasonic.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com