[ltp] NumLock going crazy, extermly annoying problem

Konstantin Filtschew linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 16 Oct 2005 14:03:19 +0200

--=-Pj80E5D2rIlygcgor11u

hi,

it's the same how it got on a laptop on my friend, he installed
everything for thinkpad from debian ;)

It should be the same for you.

Greetz

Konstantin Filtschew

On Sun, 2005-10-16 at 01:26 +0200, Yoni Levy wrote:
> Problem solved !
> It was in fact an application called tleds.
> Two question remain - how did it get to my /etc/init.d, and why does it=20
> affect the keyboard output ..
> I'll ask the authors of tleds, hope to get an answer...
>=20
> Thanks a lot Richard and Konstantin, I can use my thinkpad again :-)
>=20
> Richard Neill wrote:
>=20
> >

> > Konstantin Filtschew wrote:
> >
> >> hi,
> >>
> >> you've installed a package, don't know how it's called, but it was
> >> something to use the Numlock for blinking of the network.
> >>
> >> Try to search for such a software on your laptop.
> >>

> > It might be "ifled".
> >
> > When you find it, please also report a bug to the author. It should=20
> > flash the LEDs, but should definitely not mess up your keyboard!
> >
> > BTW for anyone interested, you can have fun with:
> >     while : ; do
> >         xset led 3 ; xset -led 2
> >         sleep 0.5
> >         xset -led 3 ; xset led 2
> >         sleep 0.5
> >     done
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Richard
> >

> >> Greetz
> >>
> >> Konstantin Filtschew

>=20
--=20
Building an operation system without source code,
is like buying a  self assemble space shuttle without
instructions.

--=-Pj80E5D2rIlygcgor11u

--=-Pj80E5D2rIlygcgor11u--