[ltp] Dual head for T43p

Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:20:03 -0400

On 10/19/05, Stephan Gatzka <Stephan.Gatzka@inf.tu-dresden.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> >>I have a problem using the external VGA connector on my T43p.
> >>I installed Fedora Core 4 on the T43p, the xorg version is 6.8.2
> >>
> >>What  I want is a resolution of 1600x1200 on the T43p-panel, and a
> >>resolution of 1024x786 on the external VGA port. On both displays I wan=
> >>the same image.
> >

> > this partial xorg config shoudl work (just wipe all your exsisting
> > screen/monitor/device sections)::
>
> Thank you a lot. This is nearly perfect. But on the external VGA I have
> the resolution of 1024x786 with a virtual resolution of 1600x1200. Do
> you now if it is possible to set the virtual size on the external VGA
> port to 1024x768?

That's not possible since the both crtcs are pointing at the same
desktop.  since the desktop is 1600x1200, you wouldn't be able to fit
everything into the 1024x768 frame.  you could try adding another
metamode where both crtcs are 1024x768:
Option          "MetaModes" "1600x1200-1024x768 1024x768-1024x768"
then use xrandr to switch between the mixed size mode and the same size mdo=
e.

Alex