[ltp] SuSE Pro 10.0

SOTL linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:39:15 -0400

Hi

Suggest you check ck code which I assume is correct then check the DVD in=20
anyother computer except an IBM system.=20

I have had problem with my Thinkpad reading Mandrake, not Mandriva since I=
=20
have not got to that level yet, CDs in the past while the DVD version would=
=20
work.

If  both of these work go to CD version and try that.

If that fails my next choice would be to go to Mandriva which is generally =
a=20
better system for a notebook anyway. SuSE being a better system for corpora=
te=20
America. The difference is included programs and the fact that Mandriva is=
=20
headquartered in France where the legal system is more user frendly.

=46or Mandriva downloads wait 2 or 3 weeks then go to:

http://wwwnew.mandriva.com/en/downloads/mirrors=20

SCOL