[ltp] External projector not working on TP R50e

Julius Plenz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 2 Sep 2005 17:54:57 +0200

* Vincenzo Antonuccio-Delogu <van@oact.inaf.it> [2005-09-02 17:44]:
> I am trying to send the signal to an external projector, either a
> LG, or a more recent NEC. It seems to start (the display shows
> something for a fraction of a second), but then fails miserably. Any
> suggestion? I am using 1024x768 Generic LCD display.

How did you switch from LCD to the projector? By pressing Fn+F7?
At least on my R50e, it's not possible to get this to work.

Instead I suggest you to try the little tool called i855crt which can
be found at http://i855crt.sf.net/.

You can then just issue the following command to duplicate the screen
to the projector:  ./i855crt swcursor on 1024x768@60
To switch off the video output, ./i855crt off.

Julius