[ltp] Good digital camera/reader for Debian R32?

Rolf linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:22:20 +0000

mmalten@comcast.net wrote:

> My trusty Canon A70 just popped its shutter.  $200 to repair, might as
> well buy new.
>
> Except I discovered that my card reader was CF/SM and everyone seems
> to be switching to SD.
>
> So I need to do some homework. Consumer Reports is a good source on
> the hardware, but Linux compatibility is what I want to confirm.
>
> Debian Sarge, Linux debian 2.4.26-1-686, Thinkpad R32.
>
> Anyone using a similar config who can point me to a new camera and
> card reader solution that is a) painless and b) cheap?
>
> As ever, thanks in advance.

Any decent SD camera that has USB is just mounted as a USB mass storage
device. I just picked up a $128 3x optical zoom 5mp camera from DXG @
brandsmart and it works like a champ. I defenitely suggest picket a SD
camera, my wife and I have Nokia phones and they use SD as well.

-Rolf