[ltp] Problem with new T20 system board

Hannes Kuhnert linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 20:06:25 +0200

Dear Thinkpad experts,

I bought a new system board for my T20.

When I try to boot using the LCD, it switchs off after initializing the
display. Switching it on again is only possible, when power supply is
detached before and attached again.

If the LCD isn't connected, it works fine. I can even boot with BIOS setting
"boot with CRT", then alter this setting to "boot with both" and after a soft
reboot from BIOS setup it works. It only doesn't work with LCD when booting
when the Notebook was switched off before. Sometimes, when the LCD is
connected, I can hear a sound like from a flashlight, which I associate with
a condenser.

I don't know what the problem is - has anyone an idea?

Hannes