[ltp] External TFT only with a possibilty to use DRI

Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:34:02 +0300

--Pd0ReVV5GZGQvF3a

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 11:33:37AM +0200, Konstantin Filtschew wrote:
> I've tried several configuration files to use the external
> TFT(1280x1024) with full resolution off the TFT on my T40(build in LCD
> 1024x768).

I assume that means you have Radeon Mobility L7?

> This worked for me to use the TFT with high resolution without the build
> in LCD:
> Section "Device"
>     Identifier  "Card0"
>     Driver      "radeon"
>     Option      "MergedFB"              "True"
>     Option     "MonitorLayout"          "CRT,LVDS"
> EndSection
<snip xv problem>
> This is not a big problem, but this one is more worse:
>  I can't play DVDs, because the DRI must be switched of to use MergeFB.

Why do you say that DRI must be switched off to use MergedFB?  I use
MergedFB together with DRI on my T42.

> Is there an other solution to get the external TFT on the high
> resolution with activated TFT?

That I do not know, but I think it ought to be possible to achieve this
without MergedFB.

I have the same setup -- 1024x768 internal LCD + 1280x1024 external LCD.
I currently use MergedFB with 1024x768 on both screens (the external LCD
has a nice smooth built-in scaling algorithm (that sometimes malfunctions
until I power-cycle it, *sigh*)).

I've never tried to use just the external display at a higher resolution.
Maybe I'll find some time to experiment, although currently I'm
overloaded with work.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Please don't put a strain on our friendship
by asking me to do something for you.

--Pd0ReVV5GZGQvF3a

--Pd0ReVV5GZGQvF3a--