[ltp] Re: Wet AC adaptor

Harry Popov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:46:12 +0300

On Monday 19 September 2005 11:54, Daniel Pittman wrote:
> You could use any adapter that has the appropriate plug, along
> with the appropriate output voltage and power capacity.  Using
> the wrong voltage or power capacity can destroy your hardware or,
> worse, cause fire

That is right, as most of original adaptors make noise on
radio /sensitive radio/ I often supply from ordinary regulated
power supply from radio gair. It is important to have the same
voltage and the supply to be able to give appropriate current.

> If you don't know how to verify that the replacement equipment is
> going to supply the right sort of power, save yourself a world of
> risk and pain, and just buy a replacement from IBM.

Absolutely. Better buy adaptor instead much more money for repar...
Use alternative only and only if you know what are you doing!

Regards, Harry Popov