[ltp] Not amused...

Christopher Sawtell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:37:37 +1200

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:34, Helen Borrie wrote:
>  ...to be hit, on my slow dialup link, with a 1.5 Mb attachment on this
> mail list from FeRD.  This is right out of line with established mail-list
> etiquette.  I don't want your infernal themes and you had no right to
> assume I did.

True, up to a point. The point being that you can, and should, seeing as you
are on a slow line, set up your mail client to request your authority if it
wants to download an attachment larger than the size you specify.

I do not know if your particular MUA is able to do this but almost all modern
unix/linux ones can. My Kmail was triggered because I have set it to 1.0
Megabytes. Anyway what's with 1.5 Meg it's less than 10 mins on dial-up even
when it's going half cock.

Your headers say:-

I'm sure there are lots of people on the list who would be only too happy to
help you get set up properly.

--
CS