[ltp] how to play drm WMAs (on my thinkpad)

Nathan Smith linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:22:25 -0400

>> Now the problem with that is any sound goes to wave-out, so this is
>> not robust enough.
>

> i am sorry but I don't understand, could you be more explicit ?

Sure, all programs that are making sounds in windows must have their
streams mixed before going to the Digital/Analog converter of the sound
card. I think this combined stream is called waveout, as you can
probably see from the volume control that controls this stream, whenever
you lower the volume, all sounds collectively are adjusted. So this
person's program records from this.

It's similar to taking a stereo audio wire and connecting it from a
headphone out jack and plugging it into a mic port.