[ltp] Re: Question on ifplugd and ACPI suspend

Shannon McMackin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 23:18:02 -0400

Bob Alexander wrote:
> I like ifplugd which monitors my eth0 and brings up/down the interface
> if its plugged/unplugged.
>
> There is one case which is not working though.
>
> 1) Interface is up and running at home with address A
> 2) I suspend
> 3) Plug into my office LAN
> 4) Address remains A
>
> At this point if I manually unplug the cable and then plug back in
> ifplugd correctly intervenes and assigns address B to eth0.
>
> Can I force ifplugd to check things after a suspend (using swsusp2).
>
> Thank you,
> Bob
Bob,

Looking at your /etc/hibernate/hibernate.conf, you should have a section
for starting and stopping services.  Add ifplugd and any other network
applets like NetworkManager.  This will allow them to be stopped and
started through the hibernate cycle.

HTH

Shannon