[ltp] Anyone w/ working T60 suspend/resume?

Klaus Weidner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 22:14:35 -0500

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 05:56:05AM -0600, Aaron Mulder wrote:
> I used suspend to disk on SuSE 10.1 beta 8 out of the box and it
> worked (though there was a subsequent RPM issued to fix a problem with
> the CPU speed of core 2 on resume).  Suspend to RAM did not work (on
> wake up the screen stayed black and there was generally no disk
> activity though keys like caps lock would flash the indicator lights).
>  I haven't tried the various BIOS options for suspend to RAM yet.

Finally got a chance to try it - the opensuse kernel 2.6.16-8 has working
suspend/resume to disk using the SMP kernel and default kernel config.
This was using low-level "echo disk > /sys/power/state" with the kernel
swsuspend system, and no other SUSE tools involved (I ran this on my
Debian system). Aaron, thanks again for the tip, this at least makes the
T60 road-worthy :-)

Here's the kernel I used:

http://mirrors.kernel.org/opensuse/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/suse/src/kernel-source-2.6.16-8.src.rpm

I can confirm that suspend to RAM isn't working, it has the same issue as
the other kernels I tried that the SATA disk or driver don't power up
properly.

-Klaus