[ltp] Aggressive battery diagnostics on T42p, should I return these?

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 13:35:21 -0400 (EDT)

> This should give you a hint wether your device consumes to much or
> the batteries are damaged.

 	Looking at IBM's own page, they claim 7.5 hours of runtime
with the battery cells I have, using WinStone's Battery Rundown
utility. I'm getting less than 25% of that amount with my two 9-cell
batteries:

 	http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-55339

 	Either their stats are completely false, or they're
manufacturing batteries which don't even come REMOTELY close to these
figures.

 	I'll call IBM and see what they can do for me.

David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com