[ltp] [ANN] tp_smapi 0.19 adds dates, improves stability

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 13:54:30 -0400 (EDT)

> Wow... something is really wrong with your hardware. IMHO.

> Weird. I get much better life than that.

> Something sounds broken with your MB/power suppy/something...

 	I agree, which is why this is going in for repair on Monday or
Tuesday. I already have the EZ-SERV box sitting in my office, waiting
for me to finish the full backup and ship it back.

 	Ironically, since I started tinkering with tp_smapi, my Dock
II no longer powers up and refuses to charge or power the laptop at
all. The only way I can recharge or power the laptop, is through the
AC adapter.

 	Whee! Another lemon.

 	My T23 went back to IBM 7 times in 2 years for major surgery,
before it finally stopped causing problems (they basically replaced
everything at least twice, and it still melts the black rubber from
the bottom of the laptop. Its done that twice already, down to the
bare shiny metal), and my work T23 laptop is getting re-imaged and/or
replaced this coming Wednesday.

 	Its like there's a major anti-tech EMF vibe going on here.

David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com