[ltp] [ANN] tp_smapi 0.19 adds dates, improves stability

Kevin Fenzi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 08 Apr 2006 11:45:20 -0600 (MDT)

----Security_Multipart(Sat_Apr__8_11_45_20_2006_607)--

>> Under 2hr for a 9-cell is abnormally low, unless you're running the
>> CPU at full speed and adding in WiFi and such.

David>  	The machine uses the userspace governor, so its at
David> 600Mhz almost all the time, except when I launch vmware (1Ghz)
David> or am doing some builds (full speed, 2.10Ghz). It spends 90% or
David> more of its time at 600Mhz.

David>  	I mentioned before, but I'll mention it again, these
David> batteries have *NEVER* given me more than 2-2.25 hours of life,
David> ever, since the very first day I bought the laptop and
David> batteries, new, direct from IBM.

Wow... something is really wrong with your hardware. IMHO.

David>  	The saleman that configured and sold the laptop to me
David> said that the 6-cell battery wasn't even an available option,
David> because it would only provide me with 30 minutes of battery
David> life. He said if I wanted to do a single cross-country flight
David> with this laptop powered the whole time, I would need _at
David> least_ 2 of the 9-cell batteries, so that is what I bought.

I just got another 6 cell battery for my t42p.

cat model; cat manufacture_date; acpitool
IBM-92P1089
2006-02-24
  Battery #1     : discharging, 96.14%, 02:36:53
  AC adapter     : off-line
  Thermal zone 1 : ok, 48 C

I get around 2.5 hours from it.

I have a 9 cell, and it was giving me something like 3.5 new I think.

David>  	And he was right. 2 fully-charged 9-cell batteries
David> _just_ gets me from the East Coast of the US to the West Coast,
David> just doing mail and other random, non-cpu-intensive tasks.

Weird. I get much better life than that.

David>  	I'm not thrilled at all with the disgusting battery
David> and power performance of the Pentium-M processor at all. I
David> don't think I'll ever buy an Intel product again. This is
David> probably the last straw.

Something sounds broken with your MB/power suppy/something...

kevin