[ltp] Help with Helvetica (wonderful in GTK1; gruesome in GTK2)

Michele Campeotto linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:11:41 +0200

> Can you check if you also have Helvetica in an outline format?
> Perhaps the new version of GTK uses this one and renders it ugly.

  Oh, right, most distributions disable non scalable fonts, so you
don't see the old Helvetica.
  To enable them, put the following in your ~/.fonts.conf or remove
the file that disables them from /etc/fonts/conf.d. In Ubuntu/Debian
that's 30-debconf-no-bitmaps.conf.

<?xml version=3D"1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<fontconfig>
 <selectfont>
  <acceptfont>
   <pattern>
   </pattern>
  </acceptfont>
 </selectfont>
</fontconfig>

--
Michele Campeotto - www.micampe.it

It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw.
=09-- Calvin