[ltp] xorg dri enabled - processor C3 state not entered

Damien Challet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 09:58:53 +0100

On Monday 24 April 2006 04:20, Aidan Marks wrote:
> Digging up an old thread.  DRI doesn't allow C3/4 processor state.  I
> still see this on 2.6.16 on my T42 with radeon mobility 7500.  Disabling
> DRI allows C3/C4.
>
> Is this a fundamental issue that DRI causes bus master activity and it's
> not really a bug per se?

With fglrx (t41p, firegl T2), the ratio of C3/C2 is about 2 if fglrx.o is not
loaded, and 1/3 otherwise. But then I wonder if this has anything to do with
the fact that fglrx.o complains that it is forced to use kernel's agp, which
does not provide agplock functionality (despite the fact that there is no
support for anything related to agp or radeonfb in my kernel).