[ltp] IBM R51: The always on fan problem

Pasquale Imbemba linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:12:35 +0200

Hi all,

I am new to this ML. I found it when I was looking for a solution to my
IBM R51 on which I installed fedora cr 4 and whose fan is ... well...
always on.

I read all the past threads about it and it really makes me mad about
IBM and their apparent pragmatism when they say they support Linux, just
because they sell and support Linux on servers... APS is another
intransparent affair, although I am not considering dropping my laptop
from the table.

 From the threads I understood that people with my same problem run
Debian and they have a acpi module... but it does not resolve the problem.

Are there any updates for the matter?

Pasquale