[ltp] tp_smapi 0.19 solves embedded controller hangs?

Shem Multinymous linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:42:24 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to establish whether tp_smapi 0.19 indeed solved the
embedded controller hangs (i.e., lockup of built-in keyboard and
mouse) that previous versions triggered. Does anyone get these hangs
with tp_smapi 0.19?

My own T43 is rock stable with this version, and so far I got just one
report of a hang (which to be expected given that the firmware bug
apparently may be triggered, albeit with lower frequency, also by
vanilla kernels). So unless someone cries out, I'll consider the
problem solved and resume work on merging into mainline.

BTW, tp_smapi support for kernels <2.5.15 will soon be dropped (it's a
messy kludge and apparently no one needs that anymore).

  Shem