[ltp] Silly question - no heatsink in R52

Torsten Wolf linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 29 Apr 2006 19:49:27 +0200

Hi,

not a linux specific question and perhaps somewhat silly: I just removed
the keyboard of my R52 to look how dusty the interior might be. What I
noticed first was, that the surface of the cpu was clean. Then I
realised that I actually could see the cpu and asked myself if there
should be a heatsink. The only cooling specific stuff I saw was some
copper device (heatpipe?) with the fan to the left. With respect to the
cpu  temperature which varies between 52-55degC (idle, yet fan starts at
55) and 80degC (busy at 2GHz) everything seems to run fine. Nevertheless
I wonder, if there should be a heatsink. Do you have one above your
cpus?

Cheers,
Torsten