[ltp] T40 replacing with a new fan?

Roman Joost linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 15:52:31 +0200

--ZoaI/ZTpAVc4A5k6

Hi

I'm currently getting from time to time a fan error, after leaving my
T40 a while off. It's nearly four years old, run from the first day on
(know on wood) without any problems, but I think the fan is getting now
to its end.=20

If I still try to switch my T40 on (sometimes I need 3-4 retries) the
fan starts running with a little noise and everything works fine.

Did someone bought a fan and replaced it with it's existing one? I
checked the T40 manual and it seems, that replacing the fan shouldn't be
to complicated.

Maybe someone had the same problems and the problem can be ignored?

Thanks and Greetings,
--=20
Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de