[ltp] What to do if I suspect I've got a lemon T60?

SOTL linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 06 Aug 2006 15:03:27 -0400

Timothy Murphy wrote:

>On Sunday 06 August 2006 12:59, SOTL wrote:
>

>If Windows is working it seems unlikely to me that there is anything loose
>inside the computer. You seem to think that Windows and Linux use different parts of the computer, like the left and right sides of the brain.

So I simply think that my computer does not work on the Linux side.
Windows boots and runs perfectly under all conditions. Mandrake stopped
booting correctly two weeks ago. If you wiggle the screen just right
Mandrake will run if not it will crash. Bussy could not get cover off to
fix system so took it local Linus computer shop. They were amaised too
that computer runs Windows and crashes on Mandrake. An issue that
started two or maybe it was three weeks back.

Some how people have the opinion that becaus Windows is crappy most of
the time it is crappy all the time and that since Linux is good most of
the time it is never bad. Not true I have lots of instances of where
Linux failed usually do to something stupid but it still failed. Linux
is not perfect; if it was then there would be no need to do development.

As far a loose, hell you can hear it rattle. So something is loose. What
I do not know. That is a next week's problem. This week"s is to make the
new desktop network work.