[ltp] What to do if I suspect I've got a lemon T60?

Luca Ingianni linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 6 Aug 2006 15:07:03 +0200

Am Sonntag, 6. August 2006 14:42 schrieb Timothy Murphy:
> If Windows is working it seems unlikely to me that there is anything loose
> inside the computer.

True.

> You seem to think that Windows and Linux use different parts of the
> computer, like the left and right sides of the brain.

It is not unusual that different OSes drive certain parts of a computer in
different ways, and thus from one OSs perspective something might break while
the other sees no difference (yet?). I had that happen to me with a flaky RAM
chip for instance. Linux would choke on it, while Windows appeared quite
happy (or it hid the errors). And there have been other instances in my
personal experience too, although I can't be bothered to recall them now.
Anyway, this behavior is not as odd as it may seem.

Have fun,
Luca