[ltp] T60 "lemon" issues appear to be resolved...

Andrew Barr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 07 Aug 2006 16:41:50 -0400

On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 21:19 +0100, Richard Neill wrote:
> RAM issues cause so many problems!

Yes, my R51 was fried by a bad stick of RAM a few months ago. It was
even an IBM/Lenovo OEM part (IIRC). Thankfully IBM tech support was on
the ball as always and fixed me up--I think they replaced the system
board (that's not what it said on the papers but oh well). I noticed a
few weeks after I got it back that I was getting a different DHCP
address on my home LAN. Then I realized my Ethernet MAC had changed
since the repair...

Andrew