[ltp] Fedora Core 5 & T43: Suspend & resume?

Brian Ronald linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 12 Aug 2006 11:41:03 +0100

--=-n/62BJ/z7vLJXME8r/ag

On Sat, 2006-08-12 at 12:15 +0200, Thomas Roessler wrote:
> Also, what do people here use to suspend and successfully resume
> their Thinkpads?=20

swsusp2, exclusively.  Everything else fails to resume properly on my
R50e.  I'm *extremely* impressed with the restart time of swsusp2,
although the hibernation process can take time.

That's not an issue, though, if you pop it into your bag and do
something else.  It's only an issue if you try to resume it before it's
finished - when you tend to get a fresh boot.

I installed the kernel and userspace stuff with yum from the atrpms
repository.  No manual configuration was required, except for handling a
dodgy Gnome menu entry (see my first post in the mailing list archive).
--=20
Brian Ronald (Brianetta)            http://www.ppcis.org/
I didn't want to hurt you, but you're pretty when you cry

--=-n/62BJ/z7vLJXME8r/ag

--=-n/62BJ/z7vLJXME8r/ag--