[ltp] Fedora Core 5 & T43: Suspend & resume?

M Daniel R Magarzo linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 13 Aug 2006 13:19:21 +0200

El sáb, 12-08-2006 a las 12:15 +0200, Thomas Roessler escribió:
> Hello,
>
> I've upgraded my Thinkpad T43 to FC5.  Things continue to work quite
> nicely; ACPI suspend and resume works when I use this kernel:
>
>   Linux raktajino 2.6.16-1.2115_FC4 #1 Mon Jun 5 14:45:53 EDT 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>
> Relevant kernel command line parameters:
>
>   acpi_sleep=s3_bios acpi_serialize
>
> However, the more recent kernels that come with FC5 kill the X
> server as soon as the machine wakes up; this is, of course, not
> acceptable.
>
> I wonder if this is one of the usual suspend/resume problems from
> the "they may fix it in half a year" category, or whether there is
> some configuration trick, additional driver, or whatever else that
> would help fix this.
>
> Also, what do people here use to suspend and successfully resume
> their Thinkpads?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Thomas Roessler   <roessler@does-not-exist.org>

I upgraded to FC5 from core 4 about two weeks ago, and the "suspend"
feature didn't work either on my T42, I posted it to the fedora-list as
a comment (actually not claiming for help) but no one seemed to be
surprised since no one person posted any comment about it, though I
should admit I've not reported any bug to bugzilla.redhat either.
What I did to sort it out, simply putting my old fc4-acpi-suspend-to-ram
scripts in the right place, and it works as they used before -when
running fc4.

Regards,

Daniel