[ltp] Ubuntu Dapper vs. ThinkPad X41 (Tablet) suspend

Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 13 Aug 2006 14:37:22 +0200

To make a long story short: after waking up from a suspend, Ubuntu
Dapper puts me either in a very-light-gray screen or in a text cosole
stating ‘inu’ (the middle letters from Linux, I presume). I can blindly
switch to the first virtual console, (still blindly) log in and do
a `sudo reboot`, but that’s about it. This all with ‘acpi_sleep=s3_bios’
added to the kernel line, without it suspend doesn’t wake up at all.

After reading [1], I tried to stich various parts of the example
/etc/acpi/actions/sleep.sh script into Ubuntu’s /etc/acpi/suspend.d/
tree, but I only managed to make things worse.

Did anybody manage to get Ubuntu Dapper’s suspend work with an X41?

[1] http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_display_remaining_black_after_resume

-- Shot, missing his Ubuntu Breezy, which worked out-of-the-box…
--
Basically my philosophy on release management is that it
should be like police brutality.    -- Maciej Stachowiak