[ltp] T60p officially supported with SuSE SLED 10 by Levono

Shem Multinymous linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 03:57:52 +0300

Hi,

On 8/16/06, Andrew Barr <andrew.james.barr@gmail.com> wrote:
> it appears to output status information similar to tp_smapi (stats like
> first use date, etc. appear there)

If it gets *that* informatiom, and...

> The use of ioport_resource would probably indicate that they are using
> an I/O port,

... uses port IO to obtain it, then it may be conflicting with the
hdaps driver in mainline kernel. If so, and if they can be loaded
simultaneously, then race conditions while talking to the hardware can
end up hanging your embedded controller (we've seen this happen in
other contexts), thereby stopping thermal control and and possibly
damaging your laptop or your person. This is potentially dangerous and
must be checked.

Can someone with a T60p load this module and see what ports it
registers in /proc/ioports? And whether it's willing to be loaded
along with hdaps?

  Shem