[ltp] Re: fan control script reading 65535 RPM

Andrew Barr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 17 Aug 2006 16:14:07 +0000 (UTC)

(Hi, sorry for the late reply, I only saw this message on Gmane. It was
never delivered to my inbox. Something seems to be going on with list
delivery, no idea what it would be...)

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 08:13:22 +0300, Shem Multinymous wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> On 8/17/06, Andrew Barr <andrew.james.barr@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm trying out the fan control script[1], and it is driving me crazy:
>> after about three reads it always returns a fan RPM of 65535.
>
> Try changing
> ANTIPULSE=( 0      1      1      0)  # Prevent fan pulsing noise at this level
> ANTIPULSE=( 0      0      0      0)  # Prevent fan pulsing noise at this level
> , does it make a difference?

Yes, at least it made the gnome-sensors-applet stop returning 65535 every
other read (which was the aspect that was driving me crazy). FYI, I have
'-s 2' on the script command line, otherwise the fan never goes off, even
when the CPU is at 43C or below.

> What ThinkPad model?

R51 2883-ELU

Andrew