[ltp] Re: EC Hanging with latest tp-smapi (0.29)

TNKS linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 20 Aug 2006 23:51:49 -0500

Okay... here's an update.

>> By the way, I was last on
>> version 0.27, which seemed to work fine for me.  I didn't try 0.28 yet.
>
> This is very strange. No change between 0.27 and 0.29 should have
> affected this. Can you test again on 0.27?

I realized that my "watch" command wasn't as strong as it could be.  A
simple "while true; do cat dump; done"
exposes the problem fine and polls more rapidly.  A few things I also
verified:

1) This problem was there all along for me... even with 0.27.

> Is the hdaps module loaded? If so, does the hang happen also when the
> hdaps module is unloaded?

2) This problem is there when hdaps /isn't/ loaded.  Although I do have the
module compiled and did install with HDAPS=1.

> Does it happen in single-user mode?

3) This problem shows itself in single-user mode

> Also, can you identify a specific sysfs attribute which triggers this?

As I implied above, just cat'ing dump is enough.  There might be other
interfaces that work, but all this rebooting is tedious.  I'll look for
more if you guys think it's worth it.  Also, when I take out my battery, a
lot of the interfaces aren't there.

- Sukant