[ltp] TPDimmer

Bill Sheppard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:38:43 -0700

Alfredo Matos wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've put together a little app, written in C, that dims the LCD after an
> inactivity period. This is a little feature that i've seen on macs, that
> i like, specially since it saves some battery.
> The code requires libxss (with the headers to build from source).
I can run it and get feedback regarding the command line options I used,
but don't get any fading.  Does it require a particular version of
tp_smapi?  I can only run up to 0.08 due to running kernel 2.6.11...

Bill

Bill Sheppard                           Senior Industry Marketing Manager
bill.sheppard@sun.com                                Client Systems Group
(408) 404-1254 (x68154)                            Sun Microsystems, Inc.