[ltp] TPDimmer

Andrew Barr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:24:42 -0400

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 10:07 +0100, Alfredo Matos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was under the impression  that gnome-power-manager only detected AC
> presence and set the brightness level accordingly. I'm using 2.14. Is
> this available in 2.14 ?

On my laptop, there is a checkbox under "General" in the "Power
Preferences" control panel that says "Dim the laptop panel when idle".
This is version 2.14. It probably works much the same as your program.

But, some people may not want all of the features of gnome-power-manager
so your program would be useful to them.

--
Andrew Barr | http://www.oakcourt.dyndns.org/~andrew/

"Buzzword detected (core dumped)"
  -- seen on linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org