[ltp] fglrx, T60p, SuSE 10.1, resume lockups

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:52:22 -0400

I've got SuSE 10.1 on a T60p (2.6.16.21-0.13-smp).  I've tried all the
fglrx releases from 8.25 to 8.28.  8.25 is the only one that doesn't
lock up the machine when it's resuming after a suspend-to-RAM (about
50% of the time, sometimes with a black display, sometimes with
garbage on the display).  This is pretty annoying, because they seem
to be adding solid new features to the newer releases, but I need
suspend-to-RAM to work.  Does anyone have any idea how to avoid the
lockups?

Thanks,
     Aaron