[ltp] Cure for overly sensitive touchpad?

Andrew Barr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 11:49:43 -0400

On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 11:43 -0400, David Abrahams wrote:
> Do you know if there's any way to adjust this without restarting the
> X server?  The palm width and minz options in particular seem like
> they'd incur a lot of server restarts to get right.  I have qsynaptics
> installed, but it doesn't have that option in the interface.

Couple of ideas:

- the 'synclient' command line program uses the same SHMconfig interface
as qsynaptics (AFAIK) but might have more options available for
adjusting without restarting X.

- 'syndaemon' sits in the background and disables the touchpad when you
are using the keyboard and re-enables it when you stop.

HTH,
--
Andrew Barr | http://www.oakcourt.dyndns.org/~andrew/

"Buzzword detected (core dumped)"