[ltp] Anyone else seen "T30" memory-slot failure in T2x or other models?

FeRD linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 01 Dec 2006 00:50:12 -0500

All,

I have a T22 which has been suffering for quite a while (a year or so, I
think) from a problem that sounds exactly like the T30's memory-slot
problem, described here:

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_failing_memory_slot

However, the entry in ThinkWiki seems to indicate/assume that the
problem is T30-specific.

Has anyone else seen this problem on the T2x series machines, or is it
just mine? I'd like to update and generalize the ThinkWiki entry to
include (at least) the T2x series, if it's a common problem there. I
hadn't noticed the entry before, I only spotted it today because I'm
researching a T30 I'll be given soon. (Yes, it's also experiencing
memory-slot failure... I'm plagued, it seems.)

Thanks,
  -FeRD