[ltp] T43p, Port Replicator II and external TFT fails

Mon, 11 Dec 2006 22:57:14 +0000

Wolf-Jobst Siedler wrote:
> I seems to me as if I am still missing the point in xorg.conf and the
> TFT, when connected, just drops in for the internal LCD (including in
> its settings).

Yes, that's exactly what you've got. I'm sure there's a "right" way to
et up proper xinerama, but you might also try the simple workaround: set
everything to 1280x1024, and use xrandr/xvidtune to reduce this on-the-fly.

Xrandr and xvidtune do slightly different things (the former resizes
your desktop; the latter gives a viewport), but both can dynamically
adjust a running X-server. However, the resolution must be one of the
ones listed in xorg.conf

Regards,

Richard