[ltp] help for configuring ibm-acpi

come se fosse antani linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 13:32:08 +0100

Hi.
I use debian testing and kernel 2.6.18 on my X40; everything (see
below) works out of the box, but there are some aspects I dont
understand.
I would to better understand and configure ibm-acpi.
here the questions:
1. without ibm-acpi module loaded, I can put in sleep mode the laptop
pressing fn+F4. If I load the module, it don't works anymore. Somehow
it seems that ibm-acpi don't recognize (or dont let go trough) the
acpi events to acpid.
2. many months ago, I used the "eject" function in /proc/acpi/ibm/dock
and a script found somewhere to undock my X40 from the ultrabase. Now
I can't find that file in /proc but there is a "bay" file. I've read
the README for ibm-acpi but it seems be pretty outdated.
In the related page on thinkwiki there are many ways to undock the
laptop: I tried with hotswap and "eject" command to the "bay" file.
Prior I launch the hotswap utility to unregister the CD drive and then
"eject"; the light on the ultrabase remains on and if I try to eject I
get some beep and errors in dmesg.

Have you some suggestions/links ?

thank you,
antani