[ltp] Lenovo Customer Feedback Letter

Wed, 20 Dec 2006 13:15:21 -0500

Hi List,

Attached is a customer feedback letter I sent to lenovo regarding my T60:

Lenovo Group Limited
One Manhattanville Road, Suite PH
Purchase, New York 10577-2100

Dear Sirs,

I'm writing to tell you about my recent experience with your company.  I purchased a T60 in June and for the most part have been very happy with it.  The fit and finish is excellent with two exceptions.  The clamshell latch leaves a noticeable gap when the screen is closed and the 9-cell battery wobbles when attached.  Neither of these things have affected the performance of the machine, but they seem out of place compared with the quality of the rest of the laptop.  I inquired if I could get these issues addressed and it seems they are common to all T60's and not defects specific to my unit.  Although the issues weren't resolved, you should know your staff at IBM-SERV were very courteous and professional.  They are a credit to your business.

There was a rebate associated with this unit and I sent in the forms.  In August I got a reject form asking for information that wasn't on the email the original form had requested.  I found the extra information and sent that in.  After another couple months, I called to check on the rebate.  Over the course of two weeks, I called the rebate telephone line three times.  The first two times, no one answered and I left messages that weren't returned.  The third time, the voice mailbox was full.  Then I called IBM-SERV on November 6th and spoke to a gentleman named Mohammed regarding the rebate.  He got the matter straightened out and I had a check in hand in less than a week!  Not only that, but he called me to make sure I received the check because he noticed a mistake in my mailing address.  Now that's service!

If I may make a suggestion, you might want to discontinue the rebate programs.  I'm sure you've heard this complaint before, but the rebate service was frustrating to deal with.  (Honestly, they made me pretty mad.)  Although I understand rebates get farmed out to fulfillment houses, their poor performance nevertheless generates ill will toward your company.

I don't want to end on a down note, so let me say I'm still a happy Thinkpad customer.  By the way, this is my second ThinkPad and I run Linux on both of them.