[ltp] automatically detecting external monitor?

Fri, 22 Dec 2006 00:58:02 +0200

--hxkXGo8AKqTJ+9QI

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 03:00:22PM +0100, Konstantin Filtschew wrote:
> I've done this, but there is a restriction. You have to start X in the
> highest resolution, so it'll work.

(It also appears that I have to boot with the external monitor attached,
and press Fn-F7 while Linux is booting to make sure both monitors
display output, if I want to use the external monitor afterwards.  T42
with Radeon 7500.)

> My System is a T40 with radeon 7500. Will be not the same for you, but
> maybe it'll help
>=20
> I switch between 1280x1024 and 1024x768 with this commands:
> xrandr -s 2 /* 1280x1024 */
> xrandr -s 3 /* 1024x768 */

FWIW you could also use

  xrandr -s 1280x1024
  xrandr -s 1024x768

This way it's clearer what the command does, and it doesn't depend on
the numbers in the mode list displayed by xrandr so it would continue to
work if you changed your MetaModes list in xorg.conf.  On the other
hand, these take longer to type.  ;-)

Marius Gedminas
--=20
The IQ of the group is the lowest IQ of a member of
the group divided by the number of people in the group.

--hxkXGo8AKqTJ+9QI

--hxkXGo8AKqTJ+9QI--